The mission of the Connecticut Public Health Association (CPHA) is to represent and unite the diverse expertise of Connecticut's public health professionals, to ameliorate the most pressing public health issues in the state, and to promote health and safe living for the people of Connecticut. CPHA works to promote and protect the public's health through advocacy; education; program, professional and workforce development; and networking among the public health community.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
The 2014 CPHA Annual Conference will take place on October 17, 2014 from 8:00am to 4:00pm at the CocoKey Conference Center in Waterbury, CT. Entitled "Public Health and Healthcare: Building on Our Past, Evolving for the Future," attendees to this year's conference will be able to:
- Describe three effective community methods using traditional and innovative techniques.
- Demonstrate practitioners’ skills in population-based interventions, business analytics, and integration of evidence based practice.
- Distinguish three ways public health vs. the healthcare system influences health outcomes, e.g., policy development, chronic disease management, community transformation, and outbreak investigation.
- Participate in networking, dialogues, and the exchange of ideas between members of the public health community.
We are also pleased to announce that Dr. Jose Montero, Director of the Division of Public Health Services, New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services, & Past-President (2012-13) ASTHO, will be our keynote speaker!
Click here for the conference brochure
Student Poster Session
Abstracts are now being accepted for the 2014 CPHA Student Poster Session. The deadline for submission is September 26, 2014. For more information and to submit your abstract, visit our Student Poster Presentation page.
Exhibitors, Sponsors, and Advertisers
Are you part of an organization who has a message to get out? Do you need to advertise to a diverse public health community but have limited resources? Become an Exhibitor, Sponsor or Advertiser at the 2014 CPHA Annual Conference today!
We are the largest public health conference in Connecticut, with over 300 attendees. There is the ideal location to discuss your message with individuals from all public health specialties, from epidemiologists to environmentalists and from students to directors of public health. Visit our Exhibitor, Sponsorship and Advertising page to learn more.
CPHA AWARDED HEALTH EQUITY GRANT
CPHA was awarded a $10,000 grant from the American Public Health Association (APHA) to fund a policy development and educational project to advance strategic partnerships between public health, housing and land-use planning professionals. The goal of this project is to address health inequities attributable to the built environment by developing an Action Plan for Housing and the Health Gap. CPHA will partner with the CT Department of Public Health (CT DPH) and its Healthy Homes Initiative and the CT Association of Directors of Health (CADH) to:
- identify and educate at least three new partner groups about the link between housing and health equity;
- host a breakout session on health and housing at the CPHA Annual Meeting;
- conduct a media campaign to highlight the need for policy development in housing, land use planning, and health equity;
- host a Housing and Health summit.
The project will run through February, 2015. If you or your organization would like to be involved, contact Francesca Provenzano at Francesca.Provenzano@ct.gov.