2015 Protect Your Groundwater Day: Be a part of the solution!
Groundwater is a vital drinking water source for public water systems and private household water well owners. The National Ground Water Association encourages you to promote Protect Your Groundwater Day (PYGWD) on September 8 and use the information below to do so. Please share this information through your website, social media, news releases, presentations, or whatever means you choose. Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for you to do something to promote groundwater protection on that day and year-round. If you do something, please share with us what that is and we will list you as a promotional partner and link to your organization from our PYGWD web page.
1. Protect Your Groundwater Day web page: http://www.ngwa.org/Events-Education/groundwater-day/Pages/default.aspx
2. Groundwater and the Earth’s water resources: http://water.usgs.gov/edu/pdf/earthwherewater.pdf
3. Access statistics on groundwater use in your state by clicking on “Groundwater’s Role in (your state’s) Economic Vitality" from the following link: http://www.ngwa.org/Member-Center/affiliate/Pages/State-Associations%27-contact-information.aspx
4. Groundwater Protection PowerPoint presentation: https://ngwa.sharefile.com/d/s7094ba82a3645eb8
5. Groundwater Conservation PowerPoint presentation: https://ngwa.sharefile.com/d/sa34b3ca2d0a45e49
6. Free groundwater protection recorded webinar (requires person to register): http://login.icohere.com/login/login_presentation.cfm?comseq=1257854300412436&product=iCoPoint&pnum=UPG37921
7. Free groundwater protection online lesson (requires person to register): http://login.icohere.com/registration/register.cfm?reg=1050&evt=GWprotectlesson&t=1403792090878
8. Water conservation basics, tips, and water use calculator: http://wellowner.org/groundwater/conservation-matters/
9. Water use calculator: http://info.ngwa.org/WaterUseCalc/WaterUseCalc.html
10. Protect Your Groundwater Day logo
For high-resolution version, email firstname.lastname@example.org