National Public Health Week
CPHA Mentors on Request (MOR)
(Formerly the CPHA Mentoring Organization Registry)
National Public Health Week
April 3-9, 2017
Healthiest Nation 2030
Join CPHA in 2017 to make
CT the Healthiest State by April 8
The American Public Health Association (APHA) has challenged Americans to collectively walk 1 billion steps by the close of National Public Health Week (April 3-9, 2017). The CPHA MOR would like our state to be the healthiest state by April 8th by signing up as many CT walking teams as we can.
With a population of just over 3.5 million, Connecticut's fair share is 10 million steps of APHA's goal of 1 billion. But CPHA believes that WITH YOU we can easily reach 30 million steps and Make CT the Healthiest State by April 8.
JOIN US...HELP CPHA REACH THE GOAL OF 30 MILLION STEPS BY APRIL 8TH
1. By March 10th:
Start with your public health organization/workplace by recruiting a team of 2 or more people. We encourage at least one person on your walking team to be a CPHA member, individual, organizational, or student. Teams can include colleagues from work plus their spouses, partners, friends and/or family members.
2. By March 11th:
- Choose a leader to register his/her name and the team's name HERE
- Don't have a team? You can still help us reach our 30 million steps by joining the CPHA 30-30 team. Click here to contact us and join our team.
- Sign up team members including names, gender, ages, and emails
- Let us know how you will measure steps (Fitbits, pedometers, health apps)
3. Team leaders must report their team's steps collectively HERE at the end of each walking period (March 18, 25, April 1, April 8)
4. Recruit other organizations (schools, businesses, hospitals, foundations, etc.) to form teams and ask them to enter their information HERE
CPHA would appreciate at least ONE member, leader/recruiter to join CPHA (a 501c3) as an individual, organizational or student member.
5. On April 8, Jon Noel, CPHA President, will add our steps to the CPHA 30-30 Team on the NPHW web site.
Other Ways to Commemorate National Public Health Week
- Arrange to be a guest speaker in a high school or college. Talk about your career or the timely topic of opioid use and mental health. A Powerpoint from the Farmington Valley Health District on this topic will be posted on this page by February 17th.
- Feel free to use other resources from this site to make presentations
- Contact us to connect with a school
- Watch for upcoming training dates on the presentations
- Share your community activities at the NPHW web site.
- Join us at the CPHA Awards Event at Goodwin College on April 7th (Stay tuned for updates)
Walking and working together will build partnerships that can help support our state's health. We look forward to meeting your teams!