Health Educator Opening - Naugatuck Valley Health District
Wednesday, November 4, 2015
Posted by: Melissa Touma
NAUGATUCK VALLEY HEALTH DISTRICT
The Naugatuck Valley Health District is seeking a full-time Health Educator to work in a Local Health Department serving six municipalities. The position will encompass a range of local public health activities in the areas of community health, disease prevention and control. This position reports to the Assistant Director for Community Health.
DEADLINE: November 13, 2015
The Public Health Specialist Position
This is a professional public health position with responsibility for assisting the development and implementation of public health education activities within the Naugatuck Valley region. The work involves a wide array of preventative health and health promotion activities aimed at improving the health and well-being of all residents, by encouraging individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors, policies, and environments.
Examples of Essential Duties:
- Plans and coordinates community outreach, public health education and prevention programs.
- Prepares and disseminates educational material to the staff and the general public.
- Administers grant funded public health initiatives, such as, regional asthma programs.
- Utilizes the Lead Surveillance System for the collection, analysis and reporting of lead prevention and control. Conducts epidemiological investigations to determine source of lead exposure and coordinates with environmental health inspectors on actions to be taken.
- Assists in helping the Assistant Director to promote, organize and guide existing programs and help plan and develop new health programs.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends for community health education outreach, fairs and community meetings.
The Ideal Candidate Will:
- Have a Bachelor of Science in Public Health or related field; RN licensure and/or equivalent amount of related experience and training may be substituted
- Experience in community public health settings, grant writing, excellent verbal and writing communication skills preferred
- Must have a valid Connecticut driver’s license
This position has comprehensive benefits and a competitive salary level commensurate with experience and education. To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Naugatuck Valley Health District, 98 Bank Street, Seymour, CT 06483 or email as an attachment to email@example.com. The deadline is 12:00 PM on Thursday, November 13, 2015. However, the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified. EOE/AA